Pathanamthitta: A rubber tapping labourer died after getting stung by honey bees at Medappara in Pathanamthitta. The deceased is identified as Chennapara Veettil Abhilash (38). Four others who accompanied him sustained injuries.
The mishap happened by 9 am when Abhilash and friends were having food during a break amid rubber tapping. Abhilash was severely stung by the bees. He could not be saved though he was taken to hospital immediately.
The others are undertaking treatment at the general hospital here.