Actress attack case: Court rejects petition demanding cancellation of Dileep's bail


Actor Dileep. Photo: Mathrubhumi Archives (Photo: Mathrubhumi Archives)

Kochi: In a major relief for Dileep, the trial court on Tuesday rejected a petition filed by the crime branch demanding the cancellation of bail granted to him in the actress attack case.

Earlier, the prosecution told in court that Dileep had violated the bail conditions. Therefore, they demanded the bail be cancelled. They also argued they had evidence to prove that the actor had tried to influence the witnesses in the case.

The defendants said the prosecution was fabricating lies and dismissed the presence of any evidence to prove their claim.

The prosecution said they would move an appeal in high court. Meanwhile, the court directed that a final report on the case be filed within two weeks. Last year, the trial court rejected a similar request by the prosecution.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.