Dileep submits fourth phone, still refrains from presenting the one used in 2017


Dileep | Photo: PTI

Kochi: Actor Dileep handed over the fourth mobile phone to the registrar general of the High Court on Monday. He said that the phone is one of the two iPhones he uses now. In an additional petition filed at HC, he had claimed that the phone was not with him.

The fourth phone is the iPhone 13 Pro model, bought in 2021.

The prosecution director-general TA Shaji said that it was as if the investigation team has to beg Dileep for evidence. He noted that it was unheard of, to have an accused dictating terms and evading legal procedures.

Advocate B Raman Pillai, who appeared for Dileep, had accused that the crime branch is planning to plant evidence in the phone while opposing the plea.

When the court asked the reason for refraining from submitting the phone, he replied that the phone had to be examined by experts. He also informed that a case will be filed seeking a CBI probe.

Yet to submit 2017 phone

When Dileep consented to submit his three phones, the Crime Branch initiated a probe to find the fourth one assuming that the evidence might be in this one. Though he has presented the fourth mobile phone in HC, he has not handed over the iPhone 10 which he used in 2017. Instead, Dileep said that he has no idea about it.

The Crime Branch has begun a detailed probe to find this phone. Over 12,000 phone calls had been reportedly made from this phone in 2017. It was in the same year that the actress was assaulted, Dileep and Pulsar Suni got arrested and released on bail and the alleged conspiracy for murder took place.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.