Thiruvananthapuram: Aadhaar (Unique Identification) has been made mandatory for entering state government service. Those entering govt service should link their Aadhaar with the PSC one-time registration profile within one month. This will be verified by the concerned authorities.
Those who have joined and not completed service verification also should link their profiles with Aadhaar. The PSC secretary had forwarded a letter requesting to make Aadhaar mandatory for stopping job frauds and securing service verification. Following this, the Personnel and Administrative Reforms Department issued the order.
A biometric identification linked with Aadhaar is conducted for PSC one-time verification, service verification, online exams and interview. PSC started this method six months ago in order to put an end to job frauds. Recently, PSC has also started handing over the appointment letter directly. This was linked with Aadhaar to identify fingerprint and other biometric details. This was stopped temporarily due to COVID threat.
The service verification to be permanent in government service was started since 2010. The higher official attests the photo, name, address, fingerprint and identification marks in service book and hands it over to the PSC. These are cross checked with the biometric details of the employee. Only after this procedure, the employee is made permanent in the job.
The PSC had accepted Aadhaar as an identification document one year ago. They also started the method of linking profile with Aadhaar number. A total of 53 lakh people have registered through PSC one-time registration and 32 lakh among them have linked their profiles with Aadhaar. The remaining people also should link Aadhaar when they get appointment letter. Aadhaar is mandatory for registering in PSC.
Aims to stop exam cheating through disguise
- Aadhaar should be linked for one-time profile registration in PSC.
- Candidates can apply for PSC notifications only through one-time registration.
- PSC will call only qualified candidates for exam after verifying their application.
- PSC will ensure that the applicant is appearing for exam through biometric verification at exam hall.
- Biometric checking will be conducted before physical test, interview and document verification.
- When Aadhaar is used for service verification after joining, PSC can make sure that the person appeared for exam and interview is joining the service.