Representational Image | PTI
Thiruvananthapuram: A special recruitment board will be constituted to recruit potential candidates to various public sector institutions in Kerala. The recruitments will be adopted first in institutions under the Department of Industries. It is worth noting that vacancies that do not fall under the purview of the Public Service Commission (PSC) will be considered by the recruitment board.
The board will be making appointments to various posts, including managing directors in 51 institutions. For this purpose, every public sector organization started preparing by-laws for the appointment by determining the available posts and qualifications required. The Recruitment Board will come into existence once the Rules of Operation are sanctioned.
The government issued an ordinance on June 3 establishing a recruitment board for non-PSC recruitment in government institutions. This includes appointments to Public Sector Undertakings, Corporations, Government Controlled Companies, Boards and Body Corporate. In future, appointments in KIIFBI will also come under the board.
- The board should consider each institution as a unit and take the appointment process
- The reservation criteria of PSC should be followed
- A rank list for each post should be prepared and published
- Written test or online test for recruitment
- Preparation of question paper, evaluation and preparation of rank list shall be confidential
- If the number of applicants for a post is less than 50, the appointment may be made on the basis of interview and group discussion without a written test
- Appointment of managing director requires vigilance clearance and approval of concerned ministers