9 people hospitalised after suspected food poisoning in Kollam

Kollam: Nine people were hospitalised in Chathannoor in a suspected case of food poisoning on Friday.

Signs of food poisoning were shown by those who consumed porotta and vegetable curry served as part of the Kudumbashree's silver jubilee here. The food was arranged from the hotel 'Ganesh Fast Food Shop' in Chathannoor.

After consuming the food, people developed symptoms including upset stomach, diarrhoea and vomiting. Later, nine people were shifted to a Family Health Centre in Chathannoor and others to a private hospital.

Following the incident, the food safety authorities conducted inspections at the hotel. The investigation is ongoing.

"The program started at 3 pm and ended by 6 pm. We received food as a parcel and consumed it later at home. Following this developed symptoms including upset stomach and vomiting," one of the hospitalised women said.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.