8 Keralites, including 4 kids, suffocate to death inside Nepal hotel
Kathmandu: In a tragic incident, eight tourists from Kerala were found dead in a hotel room of a resort in Daman.
They were identified as Prabin Kumar (39), Saranya (34), Ranjith Kumar T. B. (39), Indu Ranjith (34), Sree Bhadra (9), Abhinav Surya (9), Abhi Nair (7) and Vaishnav Ranjith (2).
They were members of a 15-member team visiting the country. All eight are residents of Chenkottukonam in Thiruvananthapuram district.
"We are yet to identify the name of the deceased. They were using gas heater in the room, suffocation might have caused their death," SP Sushil Singh Rathore of District Police Office, Makwanpur said.
The group was staying at Everest Panorama Resort. They reportedly turned on the gas heater inside the room to keep themselves warm. However, the heater malfunctioned and pumped gas into the room causing them to suffocate.
Indian Embassy officials have reached the spot. It is learned that they were taken to Hospital for Advanced Medicine & Surgery (HAMS) vial air ambulance where they breathed last.