58-year-old man dies in EKM, family alleges food poisoning

Majlis restaurant, George

Kochi: A 58-year-old man was found dead on Saturday night at his house in Ernakulam. The deceased has been identified as George, a native of Paravur here.

The man reportedly had been under treatment for food poisoning after having food from Majlis restaurant, which has been in a bad light over mass food poisoning.

The death happened two days after he got discharged from the hospital. According to the deceased's family, the person died of food poisoning. The family has filed a complaint with Vadakkekkara police, alleging the same.

Meanwhile, his body has been shifted to the Kalamassery medical college for autopsy. The officials concerned maintained that the cause of death can be only known once the autopsy report is available.

George bought a food parcel from Majlis restaurant on January 16. He later sought treatment after experiencing health issues. The hotel has been closed over mass food poisoning.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.