People undergoing treatment at Perumbadappu Puthanpalli private hospital.
Eramangalam: Around 140 people were admitted to hospital following a case of food poisoning that occurred at a wedding function held in the Kiliyil Plaza auditorium in Eramangalam.
It is believed that the culprit behind the incident was the consumption of mayonnaise. Several people who had consumed 'mandi' during the 'Nikah' function, held on Saturday night to celebrate the wedding of the Ayiroor resident's daughter, experienced symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, and fever. As a result, they were rushed to the hospital on Sunday afternoon for medical attention.
After the food poisoning incident, around 80 people had sought treatment at a private hospital in Puthanpalli. Rest of them were taken to a private hospital facility in Punnayurkulam and Ponnani government taluk hospital.