13 students, teacher struck down by food poisoning after consuming Biriyani in Pathanamthitta

1 min read
Read later

rose dale residential school chandanapally food poison chicken biryani

Pathanamthitta: 13 students and a teacher were hospitalised with food poisoning after consuming Biriyani served as part of the annual day celebration in Pathanamthitta.

Caramel, a hotel in Kodumann, prepared 200 Chicken Biriyani dishes to be served at the Rose Dale Residential Senior Secondary School in Chandanappally on Friday evening.

It is learned that everyone suffered ailments after consuming the food. Later, 13 students were shifted to three hospitals for treatment. Five teachers also sought treatment at the hospital.

The hotel owner reacted that biriyani was brought to the school at 11 am but was served only in the evening. The food was not properly stored, leading to it becoming stale, the owner added.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.

Vande Bharat

1 min

Kerala’s ‘orange’ Vande Bharat likely to have a change of colour

Sep 27, 2023


1 min

Thrissur native held for sexually assaulting minors while impersonating as football coach

Sep 27, 2023

pr aravindakshan

2 min

Karuvannur scam: CPM plunges into crisis

Sep 27, 2023