10 trains fully cancelled, 8 trains conducts service partially due to waterlogging
Shoranur: Due to water logging and mud slip, 10 trains have been fully cancelled and 8 trains partially cancelled.
Railway authorities informed that transportation can be restored in Palakkad-Mangalore route by Saturday afternoon. Some of the long-distance trains were diverted through Tirunelveli-Erode route.
Meanwhile, rail traffic was disrupted due to mud slipped to railway track near Balaramapuram. Following this, Ernad Express and Parasuram Express will be delayed.
Trains partially or fully cancelled on Saturday
- Thiruvananthapuram-Kannur Janshatabdi Express (12082) - no service between Kannur and Shoranur
- Thiruvananthapuram-Hyderabad Sabari Express (17229) - no service between Thiruvananthapuram and Coimbatore
- Mangaluru-Nagarcoil Parasuram Express (16649) – no service between Mangaluru and Wadakkancherry
- Veraval- Thiruvananthapuram Express (16333) – no service between Kannur and Thiruvananthapuram
- Nagarcoil-Mangaluru Ernad Express (16606) – no service between Thrissur and Mangaluru, service only up to Thrissur
- Nagarcoil-Mangaluru Parasuram Express (16650) – no service between Wadakkancherry and Mangaluru, service only up to Wadakkancherry
- Thrissur-Kannur Passenger (566603) cancelled
- Palakkad-Ernakulam Memu (66611) cancelled
- Kozhikode-Thrissur Passenger (56664) cancelled
- Kannur-Alappuzha Intercity Express (16308) cancelled
- Thiruvananthapuram-Lokamanya Tilak Netravati Express (16346) cancelled
- Kochuveli-Chandigarh Sampark Kranti Express (12217) cancelled
- Thiruvananthapuram-Indore Ahalyanagari Express (22646) cancelled
- Thiruvananthapuram-Kozhikode Janshatabdi Express (12076) cancelled
- Thiruvananthapuram-Mumbai CST Express (16332) cancelled
- Kanyakumari-Mumbai CST Jayanti Janata Express (16382) diverted via Nagarcoil-Tirunelveli-Madurai-Erode route
- Tirunelveli-Palakkad Palaruvi Express – no service between Tirunelveli and Punaloor on Saturday and Sunday