Man dies after cylinder containing butane gas exploded in Chalakudy, suicide suspected

1 min read
Read later

Representational Image | Photo: Getty Images

Thrissur: A young man died after a cylinder containing Butane gas exploded in Chalakkudy here on Friday. The deceased have been identified as Anil Kumar. Police suspect that the incident can be a case of suicide.

Butane gas is used in cigarette lighters. The cylinder kept inside the house was used for filling up the lighter. His face was badly disfigured as a result of the blast.

It is believed that issues with the family have led to the suicide.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.