Actress abduction case: Victim moves SC demanding not to hand over visuals to Dileep
New Delhi: The actress, who was abducted and molested by a group of men in her car in February 2017 allegedly conspired by actor Dileep, has moved the supreme court demanding to be added as a party in the petition filed by him. She also requested not to hand over the visuals of the attack to Dileep. The actress’ petition will be taken by the apex court on Tuesday.
The actress has primarily demanded not to hand over the visuals of attack to Dileep citing the same action would violate her privacy. She also said that there are chances the visuals might be misused.
Along with the petition, several vital documents and evidences were also submitted at the court. These were handed over to the registrar in a sealed envelope. This would be considered on Tuesday by justices A N Khanwilkar and Dinesh Maheshwari.
Meanwhile, the investigating officials including police officer B Sandhya IPS have arrived at Delhi. They will conduct discussions with senior government counsels. Earlier the actress had sought advice from senior lawyers.
Dileep was arrested on July 10 in 2017 and was granted bail on October 3 the same year in connection with the case.
In March 2018, Dileep had filed a review petition in the Kerala High Court seeking a copy of the memory card containing visuals of the attack. But HC dismissed the petition on grounds of sensitiveness of the visuals.
Following this, Dileep moved Supreme Court challenging High Court order. The apex court had earlier said it will see if the memory card, which is part of evidences submitted by the police, is a 'material or document'.
SC also agreed with the order of the Kerala High Court that visuals of attack cannot be handed over to the alleged accused.
The court then stayed the trials against Dileep until, his plea about access to visuals is decided.
The actor has claimed that he was framed over personal enmity with the actress.