11-year-old boy dies of complications from drinking ‘acidic soft drink offered by classmate’

1 min read
Read later

Thiruvananthapuram: A class six boy succumbed to the complications developed after allegedly consuming a soft drink given by his classmate.

Kanyakumari native Ashwin (11) is the deceased. He was undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Neyyattinkara.

Ashwin felt discomfort on September 24 after drinking the liquid given by his friend. He was rushed to multiple hospitals after the situation worsened. As wounds appeared in the mouth, he was shifted to Neyyattinkara hospital.

During the inspection, it was found that the drink was acidic. Ashwin had to undergo dialysis as both the kidneys failed.

The body will be handed over to the relatives after postmortem. Kaliyikkavila police have initiated a probe.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.