Siblings rescue father who was electrocuted from broken power line
Guruvayur: When Anjana and Arun recalled the incident of how they saved their father from being electrocuted to death, both were literally shocked.
"We went to the place to check why our cow was mooing. Then we saw our father wriggling as he was electrocuted. Somehow, we managed to remove the power line using a dry tree branch," they narrated the incident. After this, both have become stars in their village.
It was Kottappadi native Shajan who was saved by his children the other day. He was untying the cow from the place as it mooed continuously. A broken power line had fell near it. Unaware of this, Shajan tried to untie the cow and he accidentally touched the power line.
Anajan and Arun who were following their father to the place and witnessed the mishap. They rushed to get a dry stick and removed the power line. Both his arms were burnt in the accident by then. On hearing their cry, the neighbours also rushed to the spot and took Shajan to hospital immediately.
As the children managed to save their father without losing presence of mind, the ward councillors appreciated them. Arun is an ITI student and Anjana passed SSLC this year from Kunnamkulam Girls Higher Secondary School.