Cooking gas cylinder in an anganwadi in Idukki catches fire; Ayah’s timely act avoids disaster
Moolamattam (Idukki): Timely intervention of an anganwadi worker avoided a huge disaster and saved lives of the children. The cooking gas cylinder in Manappadi anganwadi caught fire on Wednesday by 12 in the noon. As the teacher was on leave, only the helper and the children were present at the anganwadi during the incident.
When the anganwadi helper, Syamala tried to light the stove for cooking food for the children, the fire blazed at the regulator of the cylinder. Though shocked to see the fire, she managed to drag the cylinder out of the anganwadi building.
Only two out of the eight students in the anganwadi were present during the time of the incident. Syamala and Saji from neighbourhood doused the fire on the cylinder. A portion of the regulator and the hose were completely burnt. Moolamattam fire force personnel reached the spot on knowing the incident.