Woman's death due to snakebite: Family alleges mystery, files complaint
Anchal (Kollam): The parents of a woman who died after being bitten by a snake a few days ago lodged a complaint with Anchal CI and Rural SP raising suspicion in her death. Eram native Uthra (25) had died due to snakebite from inside her house on May 7. Her parents Viswasenan and mother Manimeghala filed the complaint raising suspicion.
Uthra was found dead inside the bedroom of her ancestral house in Eram. She was rushed to a private hospital in Kollam and bite marks of snake was found on her left arm. Earlier, she was bitten by a snake from her husband's house in Adoor and she came to her house as part of the treatment. There too she was bitten for the second time.
The complaint states that Uthra was bitten by snake from her husband's house at night but they did not take her to hospital immediately which raises suspicion. When Uthra was bitten by snake for the second time, the windows of the bedroom was found open, again leading to suspicion.
AC was installed in the bedroom and it had tiled floor. The windows were closed by Uthra's mother at night, but later her husband opened them. Also it was Uthra's husband who first saw the snake. The gold and money given to Uthra are now missing and the cause of death should be brought to light through detailed investigation, said her father Viswasenan and brother Vishnu.