Mother of Walayar girls allege police inaction; says statement not recorded
Palakkad: The family of the minor girls who were sexually abused and murdered in Walayar here has come up with fresh allegations against the police.
The girls' mother alleged that the police did not record her statement properly the other day. She also told Mathrubhumi News that if the investigation is led by the Kerala Police, it will be sabotaged.
The case is under consideration of the high court for checking the possibility of a re-investigation. Meanwhile, the two police officers arrived on Monday to take the statement of the girls' mother.
"The police officers first asked if the shed which existed when the girls were alive was destroyed. They arrived saying they wanted to see the shed. But then they wanted to record the statement and asked to give the names of suspected people," the mother of the victims said.
"I told the police that apart from the five accused, one more person is under suspicion. The other five were acquitted in order to save the sixth person. But they did not record this in the statement," she added.
The girls' mother also stated that she would stage a sit-in protest in front of her house on October 25 and 31. The accused in the case were acquitted on October 25 last year. The chief minister had ensured action on the case on October 31, she said.