Rs 70,000 was spent to save my life, Alphonse Puthren recollects food poisoning incident

'Premam' fame director Alphonse Puthren shared his experience of suffering from food poisoning after having food from an eatery in Aluva. On Tuesday, the director took to his Facebook page and revealed the incident while criticising a Kottayam-based hotel which came under fire over the death of a woman due to suspected food poisoning.

Sharing the video of DYFI activists vandalising the hotel named Malappuram Kuzhimandhi at Sankranthi in Kottayam, Alphonse Puthren asked the film critics and people who make troll videos to discuss such issues which affect lives.

"Review Writers, Roasters and Trollers .. Please do videos on these issues . 15 years back, I ate Shawarma from a shop in Aluva. It was Sharaf U Dheen‘s treat. I had shawarma and Mayonnaise in Aakraantham. Next day I was having severe pancreatitis pain and was admitted in Lakeshore hospital and my parents had to spent Rs.70,000 to save me. I was in a special section called MCU. I was angry at Sharaf for no reason. The actual reason was old contaminated food. Who is the actual culprit here ? Open your eyes and see the truth. Life is very very costly," wrote the director.

He invited the attention of all to realise the seriousness of food poisoning from eateries.

On the work front, 'Gold' starring Prithviraj and Nayanthara was his last released movie

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.