Director Vivek Agnihotri | Photo: ANI
New Delhi: Bollywood director Vivek Agnihotri, on Tuesday, reacted to the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) Jury Head Nadav Lapid's statement calling 'The Kashmir Files' a "propaganda and vulgar" film at the festival's closing ceremony.
Taking to Instagram, director Vivek shared a video, which he captioned, "Terror supporters and Genocide deniers can never silence me. Jai Hind. #TheKashmirFiles #ATrueStory."
Vivek Agnihotri said in a video, "Yesterday at IFFI, a jury member called 'The Kashmir Files' a propaganda and a vulgar film. This is not a new thing for me, because these types of comments are being made by many terrorist organizations, urban naxals, and the people who want to divide India. But what surprises me the most is, that this narrative of dividing Kashmir from India by some terrorists was supported on stage at an event organized by the Government of India."
Nadav Lapid had called 'The Kashmir Files' a "propaganda, vulgar film", adding that he was "shocked" to see the film in the competition section of such a prestigious film festival. A video from the festival went viral in which Lapid is seen criticising the film.
Lapid's remarks did not go down well with the right wing activists. Actors Anupam Kher and Darshan Kumaar, who played key roles in 'The Kashmir Files' along with filmmaker Ashoke Pandit and Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) Vice President Abhinav Prakash were among the people who condemned the comments.
Vivek further said, "I challenge all these urban naxals and the legendary filmmaker who came from Israel, that if they can prove any single shot, event or dialogue is not completely true then I will quit filmmaking. Who are these people who stand up against India every time?"
'The Kashmir Files' was released earlier this year in theatres.