Mahindra XUV300 likely to get all-four power windows, steering modes as standard!
Mahindra is all set to launch the XUV300 in February 2019 and the carmaker has already revealed it officially. It is set to get a whole host of segment-first features, including seven airbags and all-four disc brakes. While we will have to wait until the launch to know the exact number of variants and their features, we now have a fair idea of what the upcoming sub-4m SUV will get in its base-spec variant thanks to some spy shots of the same.
On the outside, the base variant of the XUV300 doesn’t get the chrome lining on the lower grille. It also missed out on the silver finish for the front and rear bash plate as well. The vertical DRLs below the headlamps on the front bumper are also missing. Other features that we could see on the top-spec variant but not on the base variant include fog lamps and rear wiper with washer.
However, the leaked images suggest that the base-spec XUV300 will get features such as all-four power windows with driver side auto up-down, a 2-din music system, multiple steering modes, a USB port, a 12V charging socket, electrically adjustable ORVMs, a multi-infor display (MID) and LED tail lamps. It should also gets dual front airbags and ABS with EBD as standard across the range.
While features such as a music system, front power windows, MID and electrically adjustable ORVMs are also standard in other cars in its class, others like multiple steering modes, rear power windows and a 2-din music system in the base-variant is a first for the segment. The spy shots also reveal twin bottle holders in the front doors and a door ajar warning lamp.
If it’s indeed the XUV300’s base variant that’s been spied, then it seems that the XUV300 might not be priced as aggressively as the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Tata Nexon. The prices of the Brezza start from Rs 7.58 lakh while those of the diesel-powered Nexon start from Rs 7.25 lakh. The Nexon is available with a petrol engine as well and the base variant of the the same is priced at Rs 6.22 lakh (all prices, ex-showroom).
Here’s what else we know about the XUV300:
- It will get seven airbags, electric sunroof, four disc brakes, dual zone climate control and a touchscreen infotainment system.
- The XUV300 will also get Mahindra’s mild-hybrid system with auto start-stop and regenerative braking.
- It will have the longest wheelbase in its segment
- Mahindra says that the XUV300 will be the most powerful car in its class and will be available with a 6-speed MT only. An automatic transmission is expected to be launched at a later stage.
- While the diesel XUV300 is expected to be powered by the Marazzo’s 1.5-litre engine, the petrol version is likely to feature a new 1.2-litre unit co-developed with Ssangyong.
- The XUV300 will also get an all-electric powertrain. However, it will go on sale only by mid-2020.
- Unofficial bookings for the Mahindra XUV300 are already underway and the SUV is expected to be priced from Rs 8 lakh to 12 lakh (ex-showroom).
- The XUV300 will take on likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon, Ford EcoSport and the upcoming Hyundai QXi