Herbal tips for healthy, beautiful eyes
Eyes are the most beautiful part of a human body. Many diseases can be predicted by observing the discoloration of the eyes. In order to maintain the health of eyes, we can try some safe Ayurvedic remedies. Compared to chemical compounds, these herbal-based remedies are easy to prepare and safe to use.
- Mix goat’s milk with sugar and pour into eyes to cure redness and pus.
- Grind some sandalwood and mix it in breast milk. Pour this solution in eyes to reduce itching in eyes.
- Boil cow’s milk and warm eyes with its steam to improve eye health.
- Make a decoction of licorice (irattimaduram) in milk and let it cool down. Add some sugar in it and drop in eyes to prevent eye diseases.
- Consume Triphala (three fruits – gooseberry, berillica and chebula) decoction added with a little ghee for eye health.
- Grind some sweet flag (vayambu) in breast milk and drop it in eyes to treat pink eye.
- To get relief from dust fallen into eye, grind some betel leaf with butter and rock salt and apply it.
- When tears keep flowing out, wipe eyes with a clean cotton cloth dipped in turmeric essence.
- Extract juice of the tender leaves of bastard teak and add some rock salt. Drop it in ears to treat eye diseases.
- Drop essence of black vitex in nose to treat pain on eyes.