Stay safe from monsoon diseases along with COVID-19; Health dept issues guidelines for public
Thiruvananthapuram: Health department has warned against contagious diseases during monsoon amid the rapid rise in COVID-19 cases in the state. Monsoon diseases like viral fever and cold have similar symptoms of COVID-19.
The guidelines issued by the health department are as follows:
- Never wear a wet face mask, always set ablaze the masks which are not reusable.
- Always avoid wearing wet clothes. Ornaments and clothes which are tight for you should be avoided.
- Disinfect mobile phone, ID cards and purse frequently by using sanitizer
- If you have fever or cold, seek medical care at e-Sanjeevani online telemedicine platform
- If anyone residing at containment zones develop symptoms, they should contact health workers, Disha helpline or district control rooms.