Kazhakkuttom: A used bandage was found in a biryani served at a restaurant in Tecnopark Campus at Kazhkuttom in Thiruvananthapuram. The biriyani was served to an IT employee at Rangoli restaurant on Tuesday afternoon.
The restaurant was closed indefinitely after ‘Prathidhwani’, a union of IT employees, filed a complaint with the Park Centre.
Rangoli restaurant is run on contract. Earlier also, many complaints were raised against the functioning of the restaurant. Six months before, worms were found in the food served. After complaints were filed, the eatery was shut down for few days. The contractors reopened the restaurant after convincing the officials and started sale.
‘Prathidhwani’ demanded removal of the contractors permanently from running hotels neglecting safety hazards . 10 days before, as many as 50 IT employees suffered food poisoning from a private shop in front of Technopark Campus.
Food poisoning was reported in as many as 400 people who ate from eateries in and outside the Technopark campus eight months back.