Try the spicy, tangy vegetable Poha
Poha is a healthy south Indian recipe made out of aval or pressed rice. It can be served for breakfast to break out from the monotonous recipes of dosa and idli.
- Aval/Flattened rice – 1 ½ cup
- Green chilli, chopped – 3nos
- Onion, chopped – 1 no
- Peas, beans, carrot, cauliflower, cooked – 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Tomato, chopped – ½ cup
- Oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt – Accordingly
- Coriander leaves – Accordingly
- Wash the aval properly and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Add green chilli, onion and turmeric powder. Sauté the mix.
- Add tomato and sauté again for four minutes.
- Now add all the vegetables and sauté for two minutes.
- Now add aval and salt and cook for four minutes in low flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.