Have you tried scrambled egg curry?
Eggs are a versatile ingredient. Here is how to make scrambled egg curry that goes well with chapati, roti, appam or bread.
- Eggs: 4 nos
- Onion: 1 ½ nos (finely sliced)
- Tomato: 1 nos (finely sliced)
- Garlic (crushed): 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli: 2 nos (sliced)
- Chilli powder: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Grated coconut: ½ cup
- Shallots: 8 nos (finely sliced)
- Fennel seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 2 sprigs
- Salt: As per taste
- Coconut oil: As per requirement
- Mustard seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Dried red chilli: 1-2 nos
- Shallots: 2-3 nos (finely sliced)
Heat up oil in a pan and saute half of the coconut, shallots, curry leaves and fennel seeds. Once the coconut is golden brown, take it off the heat and let it cool down to room temperature. Grind it to a fine paste by adding a bit of water and keep it aside. Heat up oil in a pan and saute the shallots until golden brown. Add tomato and cook until softened. Add ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute for a minute before adding black pepper powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Add one cup of water and bring it to a boil. Crack in the eggs one by one. Scramble the eggs and add the grated coconut mix. Cook for 5 minutes and take it off the heat. Heat up oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds, shallots and dried red chillies. Add this to the scrambled eggs curry and mix. Serve hot.