Even non-vegetarians can feast on this paneer-green peas masala
Paneer and green peas are possibly the two versatile ingredients used by vegetarians. Here is a spicy curry using these two that even the non-vegetarians can feast on.
- Paneer: 250 grams (cubed)
- Cinnamon: 1 large piece
- Ginger: 1 medium piece (finely sliced)
- Green peas: 1 cup (cooked)
- Tomato: 2 nos (finely sliced)
- Onion: 3 nos (finely sliced)
- Cardamom: 3 pods
- Green chilli: 3 nos (finely sliced)
- Cashew nuts: 10 nos
- Fresh cream: 3 tablespoons (plain yogurt is an alternative)
- Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala: 1 tablespoon
- Chilli powder: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar: 1/4 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Oil: As per requirement
- Coriander leaves: As per requirement (chopped)
- Water: As per requirement
Heat up oil in a pan and saute the onions and ginger. Once the onions turn golden brown, add the cashew nuts and saute. Once the cashew nuts are fried, add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder, black pepper powder and mix well.
Once the spices give out their aroma, add the tomatoes. Take it off the heat once the tomatoes are cooked. Let it cool down to normal temperature. Then grind it into a fine paste.
Heat up a pan and add two teaspoons of oil. Crackle the cinnamon and cardamom and add the green chilli. Add the paste and mix well.
Cook on a medium heat and once the oil starts to separate, add the paneer, green peas, salt, sugar and 3/4 cup of water. Bring it to a boil. Once the curry thickens and reaches the desired consistency, add the fresh cream and mix well. Add coriander leaves and take it off the heat. Ready to serve.