Chicken Ghee Roast – Try this yummy Mangalorean chicken dish today
Chicken Ghee Roast is a popular Mangalorean chicken recipe. The mouth-watering spiciness mixed with the taste of ghee on the chicken will leave you craving for more.
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Onion – 1 no
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Ghee – ¼ cup
- Garam masala – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Dried red chillies, powdered – 5 nos
- Curd – 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – Accordingly
- In a bowl mix coriander powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, one teaspoon of ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, garam masala, curd and salt.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture and keep aside for two hours.
- Heat a pan and add ghee.
- Saute the onions in ghee. When onions turn golden brown, add one teaspoon of ginger garlic paste, dried red chillies and saute.
- Now add the marinated chicken to the mixture and cook.
Tasty chicken ghee roast is ready to be served.