Try Rajma Tikki or Kidney Beans Cutlet at home
Tikki is a very popular north Indian dish similar to that of cutlet. When Rajma or the thick kidney beans combine to form tikka, a tasty mouth-watering snack is born.
- Kidney beans, cooked – 400g
- Potato, boiled – 1 no
- White bread – 2 nos
- Salt - Accordingly
- Oil – Accordingly
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli, chopped – 2 nos
- Desiccated coconut - 3 tbsp
- Coriander leaves, chopped – Accordingly
- Mix the mashed kidney beans, smashed potato, bread, salt and knead to form a dough. Cover it with a cloth and keep aside.
- Stuffing: Grind the coriander leaves, ginger garlic paste, desiccated coconut, green chilli in a mixer grinder and form a coarse mixture.
- Make small balls out of the dough and flatten the balls by pressing within palms.
- Now add the stuffing mixture in the centre of each circular disc.
- Again roll into ball and flatten it within palms.
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Shallow fry each disc.
Yummy, tasty Rajma Tikki is ready to be served. Best tasted when eaten with tomato chutney or tomato sauce.