Simple and tasty chicken-omelette
Eggs are a versatile ingredient that is very easy to prepare. Here is how to use chicken to make your omelette more substantial and filling.
- Chicken (boneless): 3 pieces (cooked)
- Egg: 1 nos
- Capsicum (red, yellow and green): 3 tablespoons (finely sliced)
- Onion: 1/2 nos (finely sliced)
- Black pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala: 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil: As per requirement
- Salt: As per taste
- Spring onion: For garnishing
Heat up oil in a pan and saute the onion and capsicum until soft. Add garam masala and pepper powder and mix well. Then add the chicken pieces. Keep sautéing until the chicken pieces are cooked. Transfer the chicken into a bow. Crack the egg into the pan and make an omelette. Once the omelette is ready, add the chicken in the centre and fold both sides. Garnish with spring onion and serve hot.
(As published in Grihalakshmi)