Making egg momos at home is easier than you think
There is no need to go out if you are craving for some momos. Making egg momos at home is easier than you think. Here is how.
- Maida: 1 cup
- Oil: As per requirement
- Egg: 3 nos
- Salt: As per taste
- Water: For preparing the dough
- Onion: 2 nos (finely diced)
- Green chilli: 2 nos (finely diced)
- Garlic: 10 cloves (finely diced)
- Ginger: 1 inch piece (finely diced)
- Coriander leaves: 1-2 sprigs (finely diced)
- Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala: 1/2 teaspoon
Take maida in a bowl and add salt. Add enough water to prepare the dough. Let it rest for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, heat up oil in a pan and sauté the green chilli, ginger and garlic. Once they soften, add the onion. Cook until the onions turn soft. Pepper powder and garam masala. Mix well. Crack in the eggs and scramble them. Throw in the coriander leaves and take it off the heat. Make small balls from the dough and roll them into thin discs. Add the filling in the centre and seal the ends together. Steam them for 15 minutes. Serve hot with sauce.