Make crispy vada using tapioca
Here is how to make crispy vada using tapioca.
- Tapioca: 2 nos (medium sized)
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Rice flour: 1/2 cup
- Onion: 2 nos (medium sized - finely chopped)
- Green chilli: 5 nos (finely chopped)
- Ginger: 1 small piece (finely chopped)
- Garlic: 4 cloves (finely chopped)
- Salt: As per requirement
- Coriander leaves: As per requirement (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves: As per requirement (finely chopped)
- Oil: 500 ml
- Water: As per requirement
Thoroughly cook the tapioca with turmeric, salt and water. Drain the tapioca and mash them. Add the onion, green chilli, ginger, garlic, coriander leaves, curry leaves, rice flour and salt. Mix thoroughly. Apply some oil in the palm of your hand and roll into small balls. Then flatten them into the shape of vada (or any other shape you desire). Deep fry them in hot oil. Serve hot.
(This recipe was prepared as part of the state Women & Child Development Department’s Sampushta Keralam (Nutrition Mission) project)