Hello there! Lets have 'Tutti Frutti Apricot Fruit Cake'
Christmas is all done and dusted. But are you still longing for cakes? Let’s try fruit cake today. Non-alcoholic apricot fruit cake recipe is truly a marvel.
- Maida flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Caramelized sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 4 nos
- Butter – 200g
- Cinnamon, Clove, Cardamom – ¼ tsp each
- Nutmeg powder – ¼ tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Lemon zest – 1 tsp
- Resins – ½ cup
- Cashew nut – ½ cup
- Almond – ¼ cup
- Tutti frutti – ¼ cup
- Apricot – Accordingly
- Prunes – Accordingly
- Orange juice - Accordingly
- Chop apricot, soak in lemon juice and refrigerate for two days. Stir it daily.
- Preheat the oven at 170 degree.
- Grease a cake tin with butter and sprinkle maida flour.
- Caramelize the sugar in a heavy bottomed pan in low heat until it turns light brown. Add ¼ cup of water to it and make a syrup. Allow it to cool down.
- Powder cinnamon, clove and cardamom.
- Add the spice powders including nutmeg powder, maida and baking powder and mix well.
- In another pan beat butter and sugar. Add eggs one by one and beat again.
- Remove apricot from the juice.
- Add vanilla essence, lemon zest, tutti frutti, maida mixture and mix well to form a smooth batter. In between add the caramel syrup, apricot soaked juice.
- Mix the apricot and two table spoon maida flour and add it to the cake batter.
- Mix well and pour the batter to the cake tin and bake at 160 degrees for 55 to 65 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
(More tastier when consumed after two days)