1. Prawn - Peeled and devein - 1/2 kg
2. Chilli powder- 2 tea spoons
3. Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
4. Salt- 1/2 teaspoon
5. Coconut oil- 1./2 cup
Marinate the prawns with chilly powder, turmeric powder, salt and coconut oil and keep it for 1/2 an hour. Then fry the prawn.
6. Dry red chilli- 2 teaspoons
7. Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
8. Vinagiri- 2 teaspoons
Grind ingredients 6 to 8 into a paste
To make paste
9. Kashmiri red chilli powder
Make a fine paste using the above ingredients
12. Oil- 4 table spoon
13. Mustard- 1/2 table spoon
14. Ginger- 2 teaspoons
15. Green chillies- 2 teaspoons
16. Garlic- 2 teaspoons
17. Asafoetida powder- 1/2 teaspoon
19.Fenugreek powder- 1/2 teaspoon
20.Vinegar- 1/2 teaspoon
Heat some oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seed in it. When they crack, add ginger, green chillies, garlic and curry leaves. Reduce the fire over medium flame. Saute for a couple of minutes till the raw smell goes. Add fenugreek powder, asfetida podwer and salt.
Add in the fried prawns and shrimps and mix well. Keep it for 2 minutes in medium heat. After an hour, add vinegar and mix well so vinegar gets into all parts. Keep the pickle in an air-tight glass jar or container.