Make lip-smacking fish pickle right at home
With the end of trawling ban, fish prices have come down recently. This could be a good time to make fish pickle. Turning fish into pickle is an easy way to enjoy it on a regular basis without much fuss. This recipe is bulletproof if you are a beginner or experienced in cooking.
- Fish: 250 grams (Any meaty variety) cleaned, cut into medium pieces
- Onion: 2 nos
- Garlic: 25 nos
- Ginger: 1 small piece
- Curry leaves: As per requirement
- Green chilli: As per requirement
- Vinegar: 2 tablespoons
- Chilli powder: 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder: 1 tablespoon
- Fish masala: As per requirement
- Salt: As per taste
- Coconut oil: As per requirement
How to prepare
Marinate the fish with turmeric powder, half of the chilli powder and salt. Fry them in coconut oil until the fish is crispy on the outside. Heat up a pan and saute the ingredients from 2 to 6. Add the remaining chilli powder and fish masala and keep sauteing for a few more minutes. Add the fired fish pieces and mix them well. Ensure that all the fish pieces are well coated in the mix. Fish pickle ready. Let the pickle cool down to room temperature. Sore them it airtight glass containers. They will stay tasty for longer if refrigerated.