Kottayam Lok Sabha candidates and their healthy eating habits
With Lok Sabha polls around the corner, the LDF, UDF and NDA candidates from Kottayam constituency revealed their eating habits and health secrets.
Yoga is the way for V N Vasavan
Vasavan wakes up at 5 am every morning. One hour of morning walk is followed by another hour of yoga. Asanas including Pranayama are performed without fail. No matter how late he goes to bed, this morning routine remains unchanged.
- A glass of hot tea in the morning and a cup of green tea at night is a must for Vasavan. In between its always hot water.
- Vasavan enjoys having fruits and papaya is his favourite.
- His preferred menu does not feature sweet and oily items and includes items including Kozhukkatta and Ada.
- For lunch, its less rice and more curries side dishes. Sambar, Aviyal and Mezhukkuvaratty (stir fry) are his favourites.
- For dinner, he prefers two chapati over kanji (rice soup). It will be accompanied by side dishes with lots of vegetables.
Kitchen garden the secret of Thomas Chazhikadan’s energy
Chazhikadan wakes up at 6 am in the morning and spends an hour walking without fail. He spends another hour attending to plants and in the kitchen garden. This gives the candidate the energy he needs.
- Chazhikadan’s breakfast is always traditional dishes like appam, puttu, idly and dosa. But he has vegetable salad before breakfast without fail.
- Thomas Chazhikadan gives the credit of his health to jackfruit. He loves it more than anything else.
- Not even a single jackfruit that grows in his backyard goes to waste.
- As puzhukku, Kumbi appam, ripe and stir fried – jackfruit dishes are aplenty at his house
- He drinks a lot of hot water
P C Thomas kept walking, even while in Delhi
P C Thomas believes that morning walk provides him with the energy for the whole day. He followed the routine without fail even when he was in New Delhi. He had A K Antony and Mullappally Ramachandran for company.
- P C Thomas prefers a light breakfast. Idly, bread and dosa are ideal.
- He has lunch with side dishes with a lot of vegetables
- Thattu dosa is his favourite. He can have it at any time of the day.
- During poll campaigns, his dinner is from street food shops on roadside