The luscious Bengali treat called 'Rasmalai'
The Diwali hangover is not yet done with. If you are still craving sweets, try the super delicious Rasmalai. This Bengali dish will sure win your heart.
- Rasgula – 1 tin
- Milk - 3 cup
- Cardamom – 8 no
- Kewra essence/Rose water – ½ tsp
- Saffron – 2 pinch
- Almond, skin removed – A handful
- Pistachio, chopped - A handful
- Sugar – Accordingly
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan. Add two teaspoons of water and three cups of milk.
- When it boils, add saffron, cardamom and almonds.
- Lower the flame and stir well so as not to boil the milk.
- Add sugar, rose water and stir.
- Remove from flame.
- Take each rasgulas and press between palms to remove excess water.
- Add the rasgulas to the milk mixture and garnish with pistachios.
Indulge and get lost in the mouthwatering taste of rasmalai.