Tawa pulao is a very common street food from Mumbai which is made on a large tawa, a griddle. It is an easy and simple recipe, but delicious.
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Carrot, beans (Chopped) – 1 cup
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Cumin – 1 pinch
- Onion (Chopped) – 2 nos
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Tomato (Chopped) – 2 nos
- Capsicum (Chopped) – 1 no
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Pav bhaji masala powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
- Salt – Accordingly
- Cook rice and keep aside. Similarly cook the beans, green peas separately and keep aside.
- Heat a pan and add butter.
- After butter melts, add cumin, onion and saute.
- To this add ginger garlic paste and saute again.
- Now add tomato, green chilli, salt and saute again.
- To the mixture add cooked beans, green peas, carrot, capsicum, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and cook for three minutes in low flame.
- Add a little lemon juice and coriander leaves. Cook for one minute and remove from flame.
- To this add cooked rice and mix well.
- Yummy tawa pulao is ready to be served.
(Published in Grihalakshmi)