Mushroom Badam Keema
During this Ramadan, impress your family and friends with Mushroom Badam Keema with recipes lent by experts.
Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and is observed by Muslims worldwide as a month of fasting to commemorate the first revelation of the Quran to Prophet Muhammad according to Islamic belief.
Chefs Kunal Kapur and Vicky Ratnani shares recipe to help you out for the get together
- Mushrooms finely chopped - 4 cups
- Almonds blanched and peeled - ¾ cup
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Caraway seeds - ½ tsp
- Onion chopped - ¼ cup
- Garlic chopped -1 tbsp
- Green chilli chopped - 2 tsp
- Turmeric - ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Ginger chopped - 2 tsp
- Tomato chopped - ¼ cup
- Green coriander chopped - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Heat a pan and add oil. Sprinkle caraway seeds and once it crackles add chopped onions, sauté for 2 minutes and add chopped garlic.
- Cook for another 3 minutes. Then, add turmeric, red chilli and coriander powder and give a quick stir and immediately add chopped mushrooms and turn on the flame. Saute till moisture reduces considerably.
- Now, add the blanched almonds, tomatoes and ginger and sauté for another 3 minutes. Check for salt. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and remove from fire. Serve hot.