Missing pav bhaji during lockdown? Make it at home with raw banana
Street food lovers will be missing their favourite dishes during the lockdown to prevent coronavirus. One such dish is pav bhaji. Fret not, here is how you can make tasty pav bhaji right at home with raw banana and a little bit of effort.
- Raw banana: 3/4 cups (cooked and mashed)
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Green peas: 2 tablespoons (cooked)
- Capsicum: 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato: 2 cups (finely chopped)
- Chilli powder: 2 teaspoons
- Pav bhaji masala: 2 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: As per taste
- Lemon: 4 round slices
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
For chilli paste
- Kashmiri dried red chilli: 5 nos
- Water: As per requirement
- Pav: 6 nos
- Chopped tomato: as per requirement
- Chopped onions: as per requirement
Soak the Kashmiri chilli in water. Throw them into a blender and grind them into a paste with 2½ tablespoons of water.
Heat up butter in a thick bottom pan. Add the chilli paste and saute for a minute. Add the capsicum and saute for another minute. Add the tomato, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, salt and half a cup of water. Mix well and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Then add the green peas, mashed raw banana and pour in 3/4 cups of water. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
Later, add the coriander leaves and remove from the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon slices. Toast the pav in butter and serve with chopped tomatoes and onions.