Pidi and Chicken is one of the most popular combination among the Kottayam natives. Be it any festivities, Pidi and Chicken will assemble on the dinner table. Let us try this recipe today.
- Coarse rice flour – 4 glass
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 7 cloves
- Shallots – 7 nos
- Salt – Accordingly
- Coconut milk – Of 1 coconut
- Mix rice flour and coconut gratings together and keep aside for two hours.
- Roast the mixture in a pan until it turns light yellow.
- Remove from flame.
- Grind the cumin seeds, garlic cloves and shallots in a mixer grinder.
- Boil four glasses of water.
- Add salt, roasted mixture and grinded paste and knead.
- Boil the coconut milk.
- Make small balls of the dough and add to the coconut milk.
- Cook until the milk completely gets absorbed to the balls.
Tasty Pidi is ready. Serve with chicken curry.