This is the best way to prepare pork masala
Pork is one of the favourite dishes of non-vegetarians. Here is a fail proof recipe to prepare pork masala.
- Pork: 1 kg (cleaned and chopped)
- Onion: 3 nos (large/finely sliced)
- Ginger and garlic: 3 tablespoons (crushed)
- Green chilli: 4 nos (crushed)
- Curry leaves: 2 leaflets
- Grated coconut: 1 half of a coconut
- Kashmiri chilli powder: 1 ½ tablespoons
- Coriander powder: 2 ½ teaspoons
- Garam masala: 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper powder: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: 2 teaspoons
- Salt: As per taste
Put the pork, onion, ginger, garlic, green chilli, curry leaves, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt. Cook until one whistle.
In a pan heat up chilli powder, coriander powder remaining turmeric powder, garam masala and black pepper. Once the spices give out their aroma, take it off the heat and keep it aside.
In a pan dry-fry the grated coconut. Once the coconut starts to turn brown, add the pork. Mix well and saute for a few minutes. Add the heated masala and mix thoroughly. Cook until it reaches the desired consistency. (No need to add water or oil in this recipe as fat from the pork will be more than enough).