On a diet? This vegetable soup could be your best buddy
Soups are a go to option for those on a diet to cut down on weight. Here is a vegetable soup recipe that can be your best buddy if the aim is to lose some pounds.
- Green peas (fresh): ¼ cup
- Capsicum: ½ nos (chopped)
- Carrot: 1 nos (chopped)
- Broccoli: ½ cup (chopped)
- Red spinach: ½ cup (chopped)
- Onion: 1 nos (chopped)
- Green chilli: 2 nos (chopped)
- Coriander leaves: 1 sprig (chopped)
- Toor-dal (cooked and mashed): 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: As per taste
- Turmeric powder: 1 pinch
- Black pepper powder: 1 pinch
Throw the green peas, capsicum, carrot, broccoli and spinach into a pot and cover with water. Bring it to a boil and cook until ready. Drain and keep the liquid and vegetables separately. Heat up oil in a pan and saute the onion and green chillies. Add salt and turmeric powder. Then add the cooked vegetables and saute for a few minutes. Pour in the liquid (vegetable stock) and bring it to a boil. Add the cooked dal and let it bubble away for a few minutes. Add black pepper and coriander leaves. Turn off the heat and serve hot.