The delectable and succulent ‘king of fruits’ not only serves as a sweet dish in itself when it is ripe but is also used in several delicacies, desserts and beverages. In Kerala, Mambazha Pulissery is devoured as the best mango delicacy.
- Mango (Ripe) – 5 nos
- Curd - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin – 3 pinch
- Green Chili – 4 nos
- Coconut (scrapped) – 1 cup
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Dry red chili – 4 nos
- Curry leaves – 1 stalk
- Ghee - 3 tsp
- Salt – Accordingly
- Peel of the outer skin of the mangoes.
- Add the mangoes and water in a bowl and cook for some time.
- To the scrapped coconut flesh, add turmeric powder, cumin, green chili and blend it in a mixer.
- Add this mixture to the mango, salt and continue cooking.
- When the curry is cooked right, add curd to it and just heat. (Don’t allow to boil).
- In another pan, heat ghee and crackle mustard. Add this to the curry and put off the flame.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
Tasty Mambazha Pulissery is ready to serve.