Hot and spicy lentil soup to keep you warm
Soups are healthy and comforting, particularly when the rain plays spoilsport in your plans. Here is a lentil soup to keep you warm.
- Toor dal (soaked): 250 grams
- Potato cubes (cooked): 400 grams
- Onions (finely chopped): 150 grams
- Garlic (finely sliced): 40 grams
- Carrot (cubed): 150 grams
- Olive oil: 150 ml
- Spring onion (sliced): 100 grams
- Bay leaves: 3 nos
- Red wine vinegar: 100 ml
- Salt and pepper: As per requirement
- Butter: 100 grams
- Vegetable soup instant: 1 litre
Heat up olive oil in a pan and saute the onion, garlic and spring onions. Once the onion softens, add the carrots and saute for a few minutes. Then add the lentils and bay leaves. Saute for a few more minutes. Pour in the vegetable soup instant and vinegar. Bring it to a boil. Then add the potatoes, salt and pepper. Let it boil for a few minutes. Take it off the heat and add butter. Serve hot.