Have you tried fried quail?
Quail is one of the most nutritious forms of poultry there is. Here is how to make quail fry. The recipe is from chef Suresh Pillai as shared on his Facebook page. The recipe has two marinades and requires some time.
For 1st marinade
- Quail: 5 nos (cleaned)
- Ginger-garlic-green chilli paste: As per requirement
For 2nd marinade
- Kashmiri chilli: 30 grams
- Coriander powder: 20 grams
- Turmeric powder: 5 grams
- Black pepper powder: 20 grams
- Garam masala powder: 10 grams
- Egg: 1 nos
- Rice flour: 20 grams
- Lemon: of 1 nos
- Salt: As per taste
- Oil: As per requirement
- Shallots: 6 nos (crushed)
- Garlic: 6 nos (crushed)
- Green chilli: 6 nos (halved lengthwise)
- Curry leaves: As per requirement
- Coriander leaves: As per requirement
In a bowl, marinate the quails with the ginger-garlic-green chilli paste. Let it sit overnight. Prepare the second marinade in another bowl and transfer the quail into it. Let it sit in the second marinade for two hours. Heat up oil in a large pot and fry the quail for 5-8 minutes on both sides. Once the oil is drained from the birds, fry them once again to make them extra crispy.
Once the quails are fried twice, fry the shallots, garlic, green chilli and curry leaves in the same oil. Garnish the quails with the fried items and coriander leaves. Serve hot.