Have you tried chicken with tender jackfruit and black pepper leaves?
Chicken is a versatile ingredient that is used to make a wide variety of dishes. But have you tried chicken with tender jackfruit leaves? Here is the recipe:
- Tender jackfruit leaves: ½ cup (sliced)
- Tender black pepper leaves: ½ cup (sliced)
- Dried red chilli: 2 nos
- Chicken (boneless): 50 grams (chopped into small pieces)
- Shallots: 8 nos (sliced)
- Green chilli: 4 nos (sliced)
- Ginger and garlic (sliced): 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper and cumin powder: 1/4 teaspoon each
- Turmeric powder: As per requirement
- Salt: As per taste
- Coconut oil: As per requirement
- Mustard seeds: As per requirement
- Curry leaves: 1 sprig
Heat up oil in a pan and crackle the dried red chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add the shallots, green chilli, ginger and garlic. Saute for a few minutes. Add the chicken pieces along with salt and turmeric. Mix well and add water if required. Cook with the lid on until the chicken begins to change colour. Then add the jackfruit and black pepper leaves. Mix well and cook until the chicken is ready. Once the water reduces to the desired consistency, add black pepper and cumin powders. Mix well and take it off the heat. Serve hot.