Have you heard of Idukki special Beef Bone Curry?
Bones, either be it of chicken or beef or anything, we throw it away. But the people of Idukki have a special item called the ‘Ellucurry’ or the ‘Bone Curry’ to their credit. Today lets try our hands at the Idukki special Beef Bone Curry.
- Beef bone (Spine, chest bone) – ½ kg
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Salt – Accordingly
- Green chilli – 2 nos
- Onion – 2 nos
- Ginger – A small piece
- Garlic – 5 cloves
- Meat masala – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder -2 tsp
- Coconut – Half piece
- Coconut oil – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 stalks
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Wash and clean the bones. Cut it into small pieces.
- Cook the bones in a pressure cooker after adding salt and turmeric powder.
- Grate the coconut.
- Heat a pan, add oil and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Now add chopped onion, green chilli, ginger, garlic and turmeric powder. Sauté well.
- To this add meat masala, chilli powder, coriander powder and mix well.
- In another pan, add coconut gratings, fennel seeds and chilli powder and fry for some time. Remove from flame and grind in a mixer grinder when it cools.
- Add the grinded mixture to the masala and mix well.
- Now add the cooked beef bones to the masala mixture and cook for ten minutes after closing the lid.
- Remove from flame.
- Heat another pan and add oil. Splutter mustard and add curry leaves. Pour it over the curry.
- Tasty, mouth-watering beef bone curry is ready.