Enjoy the rain with this mixed vegetable soup
The rainy season is here and so are health issues. Here is a healthy and nutritious vegetable soup that will keep you warm and healthy.
- Vegetables (roughly chopped): 1 cup (tomato, carrot, pulses, beans etc)
- Salt: As per taste
- Cumin powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil: 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves: As per requirement
- Coriander leaves: For garnishing
- Water: 2 cups
Throw the vegetables into a pressure cooker and pour in two cups of water. Cook until 1 or 2 whistles. Once the pressure is released, crush the vegetables using a ladle or a blender. Heat up oil in a pan and crackle the curry leaves. Pour this into the soup with cumin powder, salt and black pepper powder. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.