Easy jackfruit seed stir-fry
Jackfruit is a versatile ingredient that can be turned into a variety of food items based on your preference. Jackfruit seeds are a delicacy even though preparing it may be a bit time consuming. Here is an easy recipe to make a stir fry with jackfruit seeds.
- Jackfruit seeds: 1 cup (tender ones, finely sliced)
- Shallots: 10 nos (finely sliced)
- Ginger: 1 piece (finely sliced)
- Green chilli: 2 nos (finely sliced)
- Coconut: 1 cup (grated)
- Coconut oil: 2 tablespoons
- Salt: As per taste
- Curry leaves: As per requirement
- Water: As per requirement
Wash and clean the jackfruit seeds thoroughly. Heat up a clay pan and cook the jackfruit seeds with salt and water with the lid on. Once the water comes to a boil, add the shallots, ginger and green chilli. Saute well and cook with the lid on.
Before the water evaporates completely, add the grated coconut and mix well. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the water completely evaporates. Then turn off the heat.
Crush curry leaves inside the palm and add them into the pot. Drizzle coconut oil on top. Keep the lid on and let it rest for two to three minutes. Mix well and serve hot.